If you have a Chromebook with HDMI port, you can enjoy watching videos, attending online classes or giving presenations on a large display monitor or projector.
In this step-by-step guide, we will discuss how to use HDMI on Chromebook, so you can enjoy its benefits. So, let’s get started.
How to Use HDMI on Chromebook? : 2 Simple Ways
To use HDMI on your Chromebook, you can use a standard HDMI cable or Chromecast device. Here is the guide on how to use each method:
1- Using an HDMI Cable
To use this method, you should have an HDMI cable and an HDMI-enabled TV, monitor, or projector.
Step 1: Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Chromebook.
Step 2: Now, connect the other end of this cable to your TV, monitor, or projector.
Step 3: Then, turn on your display.
Step 4: Open Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/display in the address bar and press Enter key.
Step 5: Under “Multiple displays,” select an option: Extend these displays or Mirror these displays
Step 6: When you are done, click Close at the top right corner.
2- Using a Chromecast
If you have a Chromecast, you can use it to wirelessly connect your Chromebook to a TV, monitor, or projector. To do this:
- Get a Chromecast device and plug it into your TV, monitor, or projector’s HDMI port.
- Turn on your TV, monitor, or projector, and ensure it’s set to the correct input.
- Open Chrome on your Chromebook.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the three dots.
- Click Cast… option
- Select your Chromecast device in the “Cast to” drop-down menu.
- If prompted, click Done.
- To stop casting, click the three dots More, then click Stop casting.
In this guide, we have covered how to use HDMI on your Chromebook and connect an HDMI cable to your Chromebook. We have also looked at how to configure the settings on your Chromebook. If you have any confusion, ask in the comments.