Do you use a touchscreen Chromebook? If so, you may have noticed that the touch screen stays on even when you’re not using it. It can be pesky if you’re trying to save battery power or want to disable the touchscreen for a while.
In this article, we will discuss some simple and easy steps on How to turn off touch screen on Chromebook? when you don’t want to use it. So keep on reading!
Many people don’t know this, but you can turn the touchscreen OFF on a Chromebook. In some cases, it might be desirable to do this. Maybe you’re giving a presentation and don’t want any accidental clicks or taps to occur.
Or maybe you’re just reading in bed and don’t want the light coming from the screen to keep you awake. Whatever the reason, here’s how you can quickly turn off the touchscreen on your Chromebook.
How to turn off touch screen on Chromebook? Ultimate Guide
Step 1: Turn the Chromebook off.
Step 2: Open the lid of your device.
Step 3: Press and hold both lower-volume buttons on your keyboard simultaneously.
Step 4: Keep holding these buttons until you hear an audible notification that the touchscreen has been turned off.
After completing either steps 1 or 4, you can turn ON the touchscreen on Chromebook again after closing it.
How to turn OFF the touchscreen on an Acer Chromebook?
- Step 1: Turn on the Acer Chromebook.
- Step 2: Gaze at the screen until you find a blue box in the corner that is shaped like an arrow pointing up, down, left or right.
- Step 3: Using your finger or any other input device, tap and hold on to this blue box for several seconds.
How to turn OFF the touchscreen on a SAMSUNG Chromebook?
To turn OFF the touch screen on your SAMSUNG Chromebook, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Click or tap on the status bar in the bottom part of your Chromebook screen.
- Step 2: Search for “Power” and then click or tap on it when you see it appear.
- Step 3: Click or tap “Restart, Quit, Sleep.”
- Step 4: Hover over the power button symbol, which will pop up once you’ve hovered over “Restart, Quit, Sleep.” It will present you with another list of options.
- Step 5: Select “Touchpad Off.” The touchpad will now be turned off.
- Step 6: Click or tap “Power” in the bottom right-hand corner once again to shut off the screen and turn off your Chromebook.
How to turn OFF the touch screen on an ASUS Chromebook?
To turn off the touchscreen on an ASUS Chromebook, you can follow these easy steps:
- Click on your account picture.
- Select Settings in the drop-down list. Suppose the list doesn’t show click ‘Settings‘ left of your username.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Advanced Settings > Disable Touchscreen Device > Apply Changes.
You will get a toast notification stating that the touchscreen has been turned off successfully. To turn it back on, repeat these steps and check Enable touchscreen device in place of Disable touchscreen device.
How to turn OFF the touchscreen on a Dell Chromebook?
- 1. Click on the status bar in the lower right corner of your screen.
- 2. Click Settings
- 3. Scroll down and click Advanced Settings.
- 4. You will now be on a new page where you can view different types of information about your Chromebook.
- 5. The touch screen is now turned OFF.
How to turn off touch screen on Lenovo Chromebook?
- First, you will need to enter the settings. To access these settings, press Search+l (lowercase L) simultaneously. Doing this will give you a new “Chrome OS Settings” window under your taskbar with different tabs on the top of it.
- Click on the Device tab and select Touch Screen from the left menu.
- Within this tab, there are three options: Calibrate Device, Disable Touchpad While Typing, and Shutdown Options slider button, which has Off option on its right side. You can use any of these three options to turn off the touch screen if you want.
- To shut down the device thoroughly after turning off the touch screen, slide the button towards the Off direction to the end until it turns red, then click on the “Power” button displayed on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- A new menu will appear with the Shutdown option on the top right side. Press this button to shut down your device or press the Restart Button if you want to restart your Chromebook.
How do I turn off touch screen without Device Manager?
To turn off the touch screen without using the Device Manager, you can try the following methods:
1. Use the hardware buttons on your device to turn off the touch screen. For example, on an iPhone, you can press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time to turn off the touch screen.
2. If your device has a detachable screen, you can remove the screen to disable the touch function.
3. Use third-party software to turn off the touch screen. Many free and paid software available online can help you disable the touch screen on your device.
4. Use the Windows registry editor to turn off the touch screen. This method is for advanced users and should only be attempted if you are comfortable working with the Windows Registry.
How do I permanently disable touch screen on Windows 10?
There are a few ways to disable the touch screen on Windows 10:
- Use the Device Manager
- Use the Registry Editor
- Use a third-party software
- Use the Group Policy Editor
- Use the Local Group Policy Editor
Does disabling touch screen save battery on Chromebook?
Touch screens are one of the most power-hungry features on a Chromebook. So, disabling the touch screen is a good idea if you’re looking to save battery life. You can still use your Chromebook without a touch screen, but you’ll have to use the trackpad or mouse to navigate.
How to turn off touch screen on Chromebook? | Conclusion:
We hope you’ve found this article helpful in getting to know How to turn off touch screen on Chromebook. We have also discussed turning off the touchscreen if you have ASUS, Acer, Lenovo, Dell, OR SAMSUNG Chromebook. Follow the few simple and easy steps and get your touchscreen turned OFF when not using it.
Let’s know your thoughts in the comments section below.