As you know, Chromebooks are becoming more popular these days because of their affordability and higher portability. Some of the Chromebooks have backlit keyboards, so keys are illuminated in the low-light conditions and typing becomes easy.
Sometimes your Chromebook doesn’t function properly, so you need to fix it. If you don’t know the cause of the error, you can simply reset the device.
In this article, I am going to show you how to reset your Google Chromebook if it’s not functioning properly.
Before you begin, make sure you have backed up any data or files you need.
Use the instructions below to reset your Chromebook’s settings so you can get the most out of your Chrome OS environment.
Why should you reset your Google Chromebook?
There are multiple reasons behind when you decide to reset your Google Chromebook. Some of them are as follows;
- You may be facing issues regarding your profile OR settings.
- The system has given you a suggestion to reset the Chromebook to continue working properly
- Your Chromebook is not working properly
- You want to change the ownership of that Chromebook.
What should you do before resetting the Chromebook?
- You should do the following things before going for a reset operation.
- Deactivate the Chrome extensions one by one. Check each time, whether the Chromebook has started working properly Or not.
- If it is still working improperly, you should go for a hardware reset operation. Follow the steps given below, if your Chromebook is still not working properly.
- Synchronize all of your Chromebook settings to your Google account.
- After that take backup of your important data and save it on your Google Drive Or any other removable storage media like external Hard Drives Or Flash drives, etc.
After you have taken backup and saved it to some remote or external drive, you can go for the reset operation.
How to Reset Google Chromebook? Simple and easy steps.
- Step 1: Log out from your Google Chromebook
- Step 2: Now, press and hold Control, Shift, Alt, , and r keys simultaneously.
- Step 3: After that, select the Restart option and a box will appear on the screen, where you can see the Power Wash option.
- Step 4: Select the power wash and click on Continue.
- Step 5: Follow the guidelines shown and finish the setup.
- Step 6: Log in with your new credentials and apply the guidelines to finish the setup.
Now the Chromebook settings are Reset and hopefully, the problem is fixed now.
You may also want to read: How to do the factory reset on a 2-in-1 laptop?
Conclusion – How to Reset Google Chromebook
In this article, we have explained the step-step procedure; how to reset Google Chromebook in 5 simple and easy steps.
After following those steps, surely, the issue has been resolved and your Google Chromebook is okay now.
Isn’t it? Then you can try the following things as well.
- You can change the version of the Chrome operating system.
- Try to use the stable channel, if you were using beta OR dev channel on your Chromebook.
- You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome OS again.
If you still have any queries, put them in the comment section below and we will try to reply to you as soon as possible.