Do you have a laptop and want to connect it the Vizio Smart TV? Don’t worry.
In this step-by-step guide, we will discuss some simple and easy steps to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
After following these steps, you can watch Netflix, Youtube videos, and other stuff directly on your TV using laptop.
While connected to the Wi-Fi network, you’ll be able to watch as much content as you wish. If you’re an aviation enthusiast, this could be a very useful tool as well.
The Vizio TV also supports mirroring. This means that as long as your laptop and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you can literally just view what’s on your laptop screen on your TV.
There are 2 methods to connect the laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
- Vizio screen mirroring via Chromecast
- Connect laptop to TV wirelessly with HDMI
1. How to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly with Vizio screen mirroring via ChromeCast?
The first method is Vizio screen mirroring via Chromecast.
Well, it offers a very simple, easy, and cheapest way to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV as you don’t need to buy any external devices for this purpose.
I ensure you will be able to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV wirelessly after following these simple steps.
First of all, download and install the latest version of the Chrome browser on your laptop. If you already have a chrome browser installed, update it to the latest version.
Connect your laptop and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network. If both the devices are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you will not be able to connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV.
Open the Chrome browser on your laptop and click on the 3 dots showing at the upper right corner of the browser as shown in the image.
By moving down the list, there will be an option of Cast. When you click on the Cast option, it will prompt and show you the available devices that can be connected.
Simply, click on the Cast Desktop option.
Then click on the Vizio TV below the Cast to option.
Now, you can see your laptop screen on the Smart Vizio TV if it is connected successfully.
You can play movies, show presentation slides, photos, and anything that you want from your laptop screen onto the Vizio TV screen.
If you want to disconnect it, simply go to the Cast button and click on the Stop option. Now it will stop showing your laptop screen on the TV. That’s it.
Now, let me show you the second method in which you can connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
2. How to connect a laptop to Vizio smart tv wirelessly with HDMI?
Connecting a laptop to your Vizio smart TV wirelessly is relatively easy. All you need is a wireless transmitter that plugs into your TV. This will let you connect to the remote control.
This lets you control the functions on your TV from your laptop and vice versa. If you don’t have a wireless transmitter, there are devices that you can buy that work on the same principle as the wireless transmitter. These devices are called dongles.
In order for this to work, you need to make sure that your Vizio smart TV is compatible with Wi-Fi. If your TV isn’t compatible, you won’t be able to connect to it wirelessly. However, the Vizio smart TV has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. All you need to do is connect your laptop to the Vizio smart TV wirelessly.
The next step is to make sure that you have devices that are compatible with your TV. You can buy a wireless receiver for the cable box, but make sure that it is compatible with your TV.
Wireless HDMI allows you to enjoy high-quality videos with high-speed transmission as compared to HDMI cable.
It also has a better transmission range (up to 100 feet) as compared to HDMI cables.
The wireless HDMI comes with a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is used to connect the laptop while the receiver connects the TV.
Now, I am showing you the steps that you can follow to connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
It’s not rocket science, only two simple steps.
- Step 1: Connect the HDMI transmitter to the USB port of your laptop.
- Step 2: Connect the HDMI receiver to the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
Now, your laptop is connected via HDMI and your laptop screen will appear on the TV screen. That’s it.
3. How to connect computer to vizio tv wirelessly using the Steam Link?
The Steam Link is a wireless hardware device that allows you to stream PC games to your TV. It’s essentially a wireless router that connects your computer to your TV.
The Stream link features an ethernet port that allows you to connect the device directly to your home network or router.
Any game running on Steam can be streamed and played on the big screen with the Steam Link.
I am going to show you how to connect a computer to Vizio TV wirelessly using a stream link. Follow the simple and easy steps given below and start streaming your computer or laptop to Vizio smart TV.
How to connect computer to vizio tv wirelessly?
- Step 1: To set up the device, launch Steam.
- Step 2: Log in to your Steam account.
- Step 3: Connect your computer to your TV via the Link.
- Step 4: Pair the Link with your computer and then plug a controller or mouse into the USB port of your stream Link.
- Step 5: Finally, open up Steam and start streaming to your Vizio Smart TV.
If you don’t have a Stream link, you can buy it from our affiliate links below!
How to connect a Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Using Plex?
- If you’re looking to connect a laptop to your Vizio smart TV, the process can be a bit cumbersome. Thankfully, Plex is a great way to stream your favorite media from your computer to your TV.
- To begin, head to Plex’s website and sign in. Once you’re logged in, click on the “Device” tab. Under “Device Type,” select “Laptop.”
- You’ll then be given a list of devices that Plex can connect to. Once you’ve selected a device, click on the “Browse” button and select the “Computer” or “Mac” computer you want to connect to your Vizio smart TV. You can then see a list of devices on your connected device.
- If you’re using a Plex Media Server on your computer, you’ll need to add the Vizio smart TV as a source. Click on the “Add Source” button and enter the name of your Plex Media Server. Once added, you can click on the “Connect” tab and select “Vizio Smart TV.”
- Now that you’ve connected your laptop to your Vizio smart TV, it’s time to start streaming! To start streaming, open up Plex and click on the “TV Shows” tab. Under “Episodes,” you’ll see a list of available shows.
- You can select a show to stream by clicking on the “Watch Now” button and selecting the time and channel you want to watch. If you need to pause or play a show, you can do that by clicking on the “Pause” or “Play Now” buttons.
What is a smart tv and how does it work?
Smart tv is one of the most popular devices that are used by millions of people all over the world.
It is a digital TV that has internet connections. Why is it so popular?
Because it comes with the latest technology that streams online content and access to thousands of apps, from live TV to music and social media. It also has a full web browser so you can browse the internet.
You can also connect your smartphone or tablet and stream content from Netflix, Pandora, Amazon, Youtube, Hulu, or PlayStation.
It also allows you to share your photos and videos with family and friends on social media.
How to Connect Your Smartphone To Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly?
One of the great features of many Vizio smart TVs is that they come with a built-in Chromecast. It allows you to connect your smartphone to your TV and stream content from it wirelessly. There are a few different ways to do this, and we’ll discuss them all below.
If you have a Vizio TV that doesn’t have Chromecast built-in, you can still use it to mirror your smartphone’s screen. However, you’ll need to connect an external Chromecast device to your TV.
- The first thing you need to do is make sure that your phone and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network. Once you’ve done this, open up the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap the “Devices” button in the top-right corner of the screen and then tap the “+” button in the bottom-right corner.
- On the next screen, tap “Set up device” and then select “New device.”
- Choose your TV from the list of available Chromecast devices and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Once you’ve done this, you should see a “Cast” icon in most of your apps that support it. For example, you can use this feature to cast Netflix from your phone to your TV.
- Open up the Netflix app on your phone and tap the “Cast” icon. Select your TV from the list of available devices and then hit “Play.”
You can also use the Google Home app to cast content from your phone to your TV. Open the app and tap the “Cast” icon in the top-right corner.
Select your TV from the list of available devices, and then choose what you want to cast. For example, you can cast your entire screen, a specific tab in Chrome, or a photo from your camera roll.
There are also a few other apps that support Chromecast, so be sure to explore them.
If you have an iPhone, you can also use AirPlay to cast content from your phone to your Vizio TV. AirPlay is built into iOS, and it’s compatible with a lot of different devices, including Vizio TVs.
To use AirPlay, open up the app you want to cast from on your iPhone and look for the “AirPlay” icon. Tap this icon and then select your TV from the list of available devices.
You should now see your iPhone’s screen on your TV. You can use this method to cast content from apps like YouTube, Safari, and more.
How to connect a laptop to Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly – Conclusion:
Now you can do all the things that you can do on a normal computer or laptop such as browse the web, play video games, watch videos, read E-books, and listen to music.
I hope, after following this guide, “how to connect the laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly“, you have successfully connected your laptop with the Vizio Smart TV. Haven’t you?
Are you still facing any problems while connecting your laptop or Chromebook to Vizio Smart TV?
Put your question below in the comment section and we will reply to you as soon as possible.