Do you have a laptop and want to connect it the Vizio Smart TV? Don’t worry. In this step-by-step guide, we will discuss some simple and easy steps to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
After following these steps, you can watch Netflix, Youtube videos, and other stuff directly on your TV using laptop.
To wirelessly connect your laptop to Vizio Smart TV, you can use Chromecast, HDMI, Steam link, or plex. Here, I’m going to discuss each method in detail.
1. Connecting laptop to Vizio Smart TV with Vizio screen mirroring via ChromeCast
The first method is Vizio screen mirroring via Chromecast.
Well, it offers a very simple, easy, and cheapest way to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV as you don’t need to buy any external devices for this purpose.
I ensure you will be able to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV wirelessly after following these simple steps.
First of all, download and install the latest version of the Chrome browser on your laptop. If you already have a chrome browser installed, update it to the latest version.
Connect your laptop and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network. If both the devices are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you will not be able to connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV.
Open the Chrome browser on your laptop and click on the 3 dots showing at the upper right corner of the browser as shown in the image.
By moving down the list, there will be an option of Cast. When you click on the Cast option, it will prompt and show you the available devices that can be connected.
Simply, click on the Cast Desktop option.
Then click on the Vizio TV below the Cast to option.
Now, you can see your laptop screen on the Smart Vizio TV if it is connected successfully.
You can play movies, show presentation slides, photos, and anything that you want from your laptop screen onto the Vizio TV screen.
If you want to disconnect it, simply go to the Cast button and click on the Stop option. Now it will stop showing your laptop screen on the TV. That’s it.
Now, let me show you the second method in which you can connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
2. Connecting a laptop to Vizio smart tv with HDMI
Connecting a laptop to your Vizio smart TV wirelessly is relatively easy. All you need is a wireless transmitter that plugs into your TV. This will let you connect to the remote control.
This lets you control the functions on your TV from your laptop and vice versa. If you don’t have a wireless transmitter, there are devices that you can buy that work on the same principle as the wireless transmitter. These devices are called dongles.
In order for this to work, you need to make sure that your Vizio smart TV is compatible with Wi-Fi. If your TV isn’t compatible, you won’t be able to connect to it wirelessly. However, the Vizio smart TV has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. All you need to do is connect your laptop to the Vizio smart TV wirelessly.
The next step is to make sure that you have devices that are compatible with your TV. You can buy a wireless receiver for the cable box, but make sure that it is compatible with your TV.
Wireless HDMI allows you to enjoy high-quality videos with high-speed transmission as compared to HDMI cable.
It also has a better transmission range (up to 100 feet) as compared to HDMI cables.
The wireless HDMI comes with a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is used to connect the laptop while the receiver connects the TV.
Now, I am showing you the steps that you can follow to connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
It’s not rocket science, only two simple steps.
- Step 1: Connect the HDMI transmitter to the USB port of your laptop.
- Step 2: Connect the HDMI receiver to the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
Now, your laptop is connected via HDMI and your laptop screen will appear on the TV screen. That’s it.
3. Connecting computer to vizio tv wirelessly using the Steam Link
The Steam Link is a wireless hardware device that allows you to stream PC games to your TV. It’s essentially a wireless router that connects your computer to your TV.
The Stream link features an ethernet port that allows you to connect the device directly to your home network or router.
Any game running on Steam can be streamed and played on the big screen with the Steam Link.
I am going to show you how to connect a computer to Vizio TV wirelessly using a stream link. Follow the simple and easy steps given below and start streaming your computer or laptop to Vizio smart TV.
4- Connecting a Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Using Plex
- If you’re looking to connect a laptop to your Vizio smart TV, the process can be a bit cumbersome. Thankfully, Plex is a great way to stream your favorite media from your computer to your TV.
- To begin, head to Plex’s website and sign in. Once you’re logged in, click on the “Device” tab. Under “Device Type,” select “Laptop.”
- You’ll then be given a list of devices that Plex can connect to. Once you’ve selected a device, click on the “Browse” button and select the “Computer” or “Mac” computer you want to connect to your Vizio smart TV. You can then see a list of devices on your connected device.
- If you’re using a Plex Media Server on your computer, you’ll need to add the Vizio smart TV as a source. Click on the “Add Source” button and enter the name of your Plex Media Server. Once added, you can click on the “Connect” tab and select “Vizio Smart TV.”
- Now that you’ve connected your laptop to your Vizio smart TV, it’s time to start streaming! To start streaming, open up Plex and click on the “TV Shows” tab. Under “Episodes,” you’ll see a list of available shows.
- You can select a show to stream by clicking on the “Watch Now” button and selecting the time and channel you want to watch. If you need to pause or play a show, you can do that by clicking on the “Pause” or “Play Now” buttons.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make my Vizio smart TV discoverable?
You can make your Vizio smart TV discoverable in a few different ways. One way is to go into the settings menu and look for the “Network” or “Connections” option. From here, you should be able to enable Wi-Fi and ensure that the discovery mode is turned on.
Another way to make your TV discoverable is to use the Vizio SmartCast app. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, open it up and follow the on-screen instructions. The app will walk you through connecting your TV to your home network.
Once you have successfully made your Vizio smart TV discoverable, you can search for it using the SmartCast app or any other compatible device.
How do I know if my Vizio TV has SmartCast?
One way to determine if your Vizio TV has SmartCast is by checking the remote control. If there is a “V” button, your TV is equipped with SmartCast. Additionally, you can go to the settings menu on your TV and look for the SmartCast option. If it is available, then your TV is compatible with the feature.
How do I connect my Bluetooth to my Vizio TV?
To connect your Bluetooth device to your Vizio TV, go to the settings menu and look for the Bluetooth option. Your Bluetooth device must be in pairing mode. Then select it from the available options on your TV. Your device should now be connected and ready to use.