If you have a laptop , you connect it to your Vizio Smart TV, so you can watch Netflix, Youtube videos, and other stuff directly on your TV. In this step-by-step guide, we will discuss some simple and easy steps to connect laptop to Vizio Smart TV wirelessly.
To wirelessly connect your laptop to Vizio Smart TV, you can use Chromecast, HDMI, Steam link, or plex. Here, we will discuss each method in detail.
Table of Contents
1. How to connect a laptop to Vizio Smart TV via ChromeCast
The first method is Vizio screen mirroring via Chromecast.
Well, it offers a very simple, easy, and cheapest way to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV as you don’t need to buy any external devices for this purpose.
I ensure you will be able to connect your laptop to your Vizio Smart TV wirelessly after following these simple steps.
First of all, download and install the latest version of the Chrome browser on your laptop. If you already have a chrome browser installed, update it to the latest version.
Connect your laptop and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network. If both the devices are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network, you will not be able to connect your laptop to the Vizio Smart TV.
Open the Chrome browser on your laptop and click on the 3 dots showing at the upper right corner of the browser as shown in the image.
By moving down the list, there will be an option of Cast. When you click on the Cast option, it will prompt and show you the available devices that can be connected.
Simply, click on the Cast Desktop option.
Then click on the Vizio TV below the Cast to option.
Now, you can see your laptop screen on the Smart Vizio TV if it is connected successfully.
You can play movies, show presentation slides, photos, and anything that you want from your laptop screen onto the Vizio TV screen.
If you want to disconnect it, simply go to the Cast button and click on the Stop option. Now it will stop showing your laptop screen on the TV. That’s it.
Now, let me show you the second method in which you can connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
2. How to connect a laptop to Vizio smart TV with HDMI
Connecting a laptop to your Vizio smart TV wirelessly is relatively easy. All you need is a wireless transmitter that plugs into your TV. It will let you connect to the remote control.
The next step is to make sure that you have devices that are compatible with your TV. You can buy a wireless receiver for the cable box, but make sure that it is compatible with your TV.
Wireless HDMI allows you to enjoy high-quality videos with high-speed transmission as compared to HDMI cable.
It also has a better transmission range (up to 100 feet) as compared to HDMI cables.
The wireless HDMI comes with a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter is used to connect the laptop while the receiver connects the TV.
Now, I am showing you the steps that you can follow to connect the laptop to a TV wirelessly with HDMI.
It’s not rocket science, only two simple steps.
- Step 1: Connect the HDMI transmitter to the USB port of your laptop.
- Step 2: Connect the HDMI receiver to the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
Now, your laptop is connected via HDMI and your laptop screen will appear on the TV screen. That’s it.
3- How to connect a laptop to Vizio Smart TV using Plex
To connect a laptop to a Vizio Smart TV using Plex, you will need to do the following:
- First, connect your laptop and Vizio smart TV to the same home network.
- Now, install the Plex app on both the laptop and the Vizio Smart TV.
- Then, launch the Plex app on the laptop and sign in to your Plex account.
- Now, click on the “Add Library” button to add your media files to the Plex server.
- Then, launch the Plex app on the Vizio Smart TV and sign in to your Plex account.
- The Vizio Smart TV will now have access to all of the media files on your laptop that were added to the Plex server.
- Select the media file you want to watch and enjoy playing it on your smart TV display.