If you are using Chromebooks having backlit keyboards, you will be able to do your necessary typing work in the dim-light environment as well. Users also like to use wireless mice with their Chromebooks for working more conveniently.
In this step-by-step guide, I will show you how to connect a wireless mouse to your Chromebook. First of all, let’s discuss types of wireless mice.
What are types of wireless mice?
When we talk about wireless mice, there are two types of these mice: Wireless Bluetooth Mouse and Wireless Radio Frequency mouse.
A Wireless Bluetooth mouse connects to your laptop via simply turning On the Bluetooth connection on the laptop. It does not require any receiver.
Conversely, a wireless Radio Frequency mouse connects to your laptop via an RF receiver plugged into the USB port.
How to connect a Wireless Bluetooth mouse to Chromebook?
- First, you will have to turn ON the power switch of your wireless mouse. After it is turned ON, the laser light of the mouse will be activated.
- Place the mouse on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- Now head to the lower right corner of your Chromebook and select the Bluetooth icon.
- Now enable the toggle switch to turn On the Bluetooth of your Chromebook.
- After enabling the toggle switch, Chromebook will start searching for the nearby available Bluetooth devices.
- Chromebook will show you the available Bluetooth devices. Select your wireless mouse of those devices and pair it to the Chromebook.
- If you cannot see the mouse in available Bluetooth devices, turn OFF the Bluetooth switch of your mouse and turn it ON again. If the issue persists, you can disable the toggle switch of Bluetooth on the Chromebook and enable it again.
8. After the mouse is successfully connected to the Chromebook, the mouse pointer will start moving when you move your wireless mouse.
How to connect Wireless Radio Frequency Mouse to the Chromebook?
If you are using an RF wireless mouse whether it is a Dell or other branded mouse, it comes with an RF receiver.
- First of all, you have to plug this RF receiver into the USB port of your Chromebook
- Now turn ON the power switch of your mouse and place it on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- It will automatically connect to its RF receiver that was already plugged into the USB port of the Chromebook, and that’s it.
- You will now see moving the mouse pointer on your Chromebook screen when you move the mouse.
How to connect a Logitech mouse to a Chromebook?
To connect a Logitech mouse to your Chromebook, you only need a Logitech Unifying Receiver and a compatible Logitech mouse or trackpad.
- To get started, plug the Unifying Receiver into your Chromebook’s USB ports.
- Next, turn on your Logitech mouse or trackpad. If it has an On/Off switch, ensure it is in the “ON” position.
- Now, open the Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings by clicking on the status bar and selecting “Settings.”
- In the “Bluetooth” section, click the “Add Device” button.
- Your Chromebook will now search for any nearby Bluetooth devices. When it finds your Logitech mouse or trackpad, it will appear in the available devices list.
- Click on the device to select it and then click the “Pair” button.
How do I get my Chromebook to recognize my wireless mouse quickly?
Chromebooks are a great device to have around. They’re affordable and have many features that make them popular among students and professionals.
One of the features that many people love about Chromebooks is their ability to recognize wireless mice. It allows you to use your mouse without worrying about having it connected to your Chromebook.
There are a few ways to do this. One way is to plug your mouse into one of the USB ports on your Chromebook. Another way is to use the built-in mouse wheel. You can find more information on the Google Chrome Web Store or the Chromium Web Site.
Either way, follow the steps to get your Chromebook to recognize your mouse.
Why won’t my Bluetooth mouse connect to my Chromebook?
There can be a few reasons your Bluetooth mouse isn’t connecting to your Chromebook. One possibility is that the Bluetooth on your Chromebook is turned off. To check if this is the case, go to your Chromebook’s settings and look for the Bluetooth option. If it’s turned off, turn it on and then try to connect your mouse again.
Another possibility is that the Bluetooth drivers on your Chromebook are out of date. To check for this, go to the settings menu and click “About Chrome OS.” Click on “Check for updates” and install any available updates. Once your drivers are up to date, try connecting your mouse again.
If you’re still having trouble connecting your Bluetooth mouse to your Chromebook, there may be something wrong with the mouse itself. Try resetting the mouse by removing its batteries for a few seconds and then putting them back in. If that doesn’t work, you may need a new Bluetooth mouse.
Will any wireless mouse work with Chromebook?
No, not all wireless mice will work with a Chromebook. For a mouse to be compatible with a Chromebook, it must use Bluetooth or RF (radio frequency) technology. Mice that use IR (infrared) will not work because Chromebooks do not have an IR receiver.
If you’re unsure what type of wireless technology your mouse uses, consult the user manual or the manufacturer’s website.
How do I get my Chromebook to recognize my wireless mouse?
There can be a few reasons your Chromebook doesn’t recognize your wireless mouse. One possibility is that the wireless receiver is not plugged in properly.
Another possibility is that the batteries in the mouse are low and need to be replaced. If neither of these solutions work, try resetting the mouse by removing its batteries for a few seconds and then putting them back in.
How to connect a wireless mouse to a Chromebook? – Conclusion:
In this article, “how to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook ” I have shown you all the steps so that you can easily connect your wireless mouse whether it is a Bluetooth mouse or the mouse with an RF receiver to your Chromebook easily.
If you are still having any issues, leave your queries in the comment section.