Many users love to search in Google and buy Chromebooks as they are cheaper, light-weight, and provide the facility to run apps. Chromebooks are good for handling typical home, school or office work. If you are using Chromebooks having backlit keyboards, you will be able to do your necessary typing work in the dim-light environment as well. Users also like to use wireless mice with their Chromebooks for working more conveniently.
In this step-by-step guide, I will show you how to connect a wireless mouse to a Chromebook.
Table of Contents
How to connect a Wireless Bluetooth mouse to Chromebook?
- First, you will have to turn ON the power switch of your wireless mouse. After it is turned ON, the laser light of the mouse will be activated.
- Place the mouse on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- Now head to the lower right corner of your Chromebook and select the Bluetooth icon.
- Now enable the toggle switch to turn On the Bluetooth of your Chromebook.
- After enabling the toggle switch, Chromebook will start searching for the nearby available Bluetooth devices.
- Chromebook will show you the available Bluetooth devices. Select your wireless mouse and pair it to your Chromebook.
- If you cannot see the mouse in available Bluetooth devices, turn OFF the Bluetooth switch of your mouse and turn it ON again.
How to connect Wireless Radio Frequency Mouse to the Chromebook?
If you are using an RF wireless mouse whether it is a Dell or other branded mouse, it comes with an RF receiver.
- First of all, you have to plug this RF receiver into the USB port of your Chromebook
- Now turn ON the power switch of your mouse and place it on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- It will automatically connect to its RF receiver that was already plugged into the USB port of the Chromebook, and that’s it.
- You will now see moving the mouse pointer on your Chromebook screen when you move the mouse.
How to connect a Logitech mouse to a Chromebook?
To connect a Logitech mouse to your Chromebook, you only need a Logitech Unifying Receiver and a compatible Logitech mouse or trackpad.
- To get started, plug the Unifying Receiver into your Chromebook’s USB ports.
- Next, turn on your Logitech mouse or trackpad. If it has an On/Off switch, ensure it is in the “ON” position.
- Now, open the Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings by clicking on the status bar and selecting “Settings.”
- In the “Bluetooth” section, click the “Add Device” button.
- Your Chromebook will now search for any nearby Bluetooth devices. When it finds your Logitech mouse or trackpad, it will appear in the available devices list.
- Click on the device to select it and then click the “Pair” button.
How to connect a wireless mouse to a Chromebook? – Conclusion:
In this article, “how to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook ” I have shown you all the steps so that you can easily connect your wireless mouse whether it is a Bluetooth mouse or the mouse with an RF receiver to your Chromebook easily.
If you are still having any issues, leave your queries in the comment section.