Do you have a Chromebook and a wireless mouse and want to connect them? Don’t worry. In this step-by-step guide, we will show you the simple and easy steps on, “How to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook in 2022″.
Many users love to search in Google and buy Chromebooks as they are cheaper, light-weight, and provide the facility to run apps. Chromebooks are good for handling day-to-day home and office work.
If you are using Chromebooks with backlit keyboards, you will be able to do your necessary typing work in the dim-light environment as well. Users also like to use wireless mice with their Chromebooks for working more conveniently.
In this step-by-step guide, I will show you how to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook. First of all, let’s discuss types of wireless mice.
What are types of wireless mice?
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wireless Bluetooth mouse connects to your laptop via simply turning On the Bluetooth connection on the laptop. It does not require any receiver.
On the other way around, a wireless Radio Frequency mouse connects to your laptop via an RF receiver plugged into the USB port.
How to connect a Wireless Bluetooth mouse to Chromebook?
- First of all, you will have to turn ON the power switch of your wireless mouse. After it is turned ON, the laser light of the mouse will be activated.
- Place the mouse on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- Now head over to the lower right corner of your Chromebook and select the Bluetooth icon.
- Now enable the toggle switch to turn On the Bluetooth of your Chromebook.
5. After enabling the toggle switch, Chromebook will start searching for the nearby available Bluetooth devices.
6. Chromebook will show you the available Bluetooth devices. Select your wireless mouse of those devices and pair it to the Chromebook.
7. If you are unable to see the mouse in available Bluetooth devices, turn OFF the Bluetooth switch of your mouse and turn it ON again. If the issue still persists, you can disable the toggle switch of the Bluetooth on the Chromebook and enable it again.
8. After the mouse is successfully connected to the Chromebook, the mouse pointer will start moving when you move your wireless mouse.
How to connect Wireless Radio Frequency Mouse to the Chromebook?
If you are using an RF wireless mouse whether it is a Dell or other branded mouse, it comes with an RF receiver.
- First of all, you have to plug this RF receiver into the USB port of your Chromebook
- Now turn ON the power switch of your mouse and place it on the flat surface or mouse pad.
- It will automatically connect to its RF receiver that was already plugged into the USB port of the Chromebook and that’s it.
- You will now see moving the mouse pointer on your Chromebook screen when you move the mouse
In this article, “how to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook ” I have shown you all the steps so that you can easily connect your wireless mouse whether it is a Bluetooth mouse or the mouse with an RF receiver to your Chromebook easily.
If you are still having any issues, leave your queries in the comment section.
How to connect a wireless mouse to Chromebook – FAQS
In this section, we have covered some frequently asked questions, so you can clear your thoughts.
How do I get my Chromebook to recognize my wireless mouse?
Chromebooks are a great device to have around. They’re affordable and come with a lot of features that make them popular among students and professionals. One of the features that many people love about Chromebooks is their ability to recognize wireless mice. This allows you to use your mouse without having to worry about having it connected to your Chromebook.
There are a few ways to do this. One way is to plug in your mouse into one of the USB ports on your Chromebook. Another way is to use the built-in mousewheel. You can find more information on the Google Chrome Web Store or on the Chromium Web Site.
Either way, be sure to follow the steps provided to get your Chromebook to recognize your mouse.
What mouse is compatible with Chromebook?
Chromebook users often ask this question since different mice are compatible with Chromebook. If you are looking for a compatible mouse, we’ve gathered a few recommendations below.
We recommend the Logitech MX Master. It’s a well-known and affordable mouse that is compatible with most Chromebooks.
We also like the Microsoft Band2 (M2) because it has a variety of sensors and is very portable. However, it’s not as comfortable as the MX Master.
If you are looking for a specific mouse, try looking online or visiting a retailer to buy one.