If you’re using a Chromebook with fingerprint reader, you may use it to add an extra security layer and keep your data safe. It provides easy and quick access to your device without remembering long and difficult passwords.
In this guide, will show you simple steps you can follow to to set up fingerprint on your Chromebook. We will also discuss how to use fingerprint on a Chromebook to enjoy its full benefits.
How to set up a fingerprint on a Chromebook?
Setting up your fingerprint on Chromebook is a straightforward process.
Go to Settings menu, click on “Device”.
Then click on “Security and login” option.
Now, click on “fingerprint login” under the “login options”.
Follow the instructions on the screen to add your fingerprints successfully.
How to use a fingerprint on a Chromebook?
After setting up fingerprint scanner, you can use fingerprint on your Chromebook to quickly login to your device or authenticate other actions.
Using fingerprint scanner to login the device quickly
- Power on your Chromebook
- Place your finger on the fingerprint scanner for some seconds.
- It will recognize your fingerprints and you will be logged in to your device.
Using fingerprint scanner to authenticate certain actions
- Perform the action that requires authentication such as making a purchase online.
- When prompted to authenticate, place your finger on the fingerprint scanner.
- If the fingerprint scanner recognizes your fingerprint, the action will be authenticated successfully. Now, you can complete your action.
Benefits of using Fingerprint Authentication on Chromebook
Hopefully, after reading this guide, you have successfully setup fingerprint reader on your Chromebook. Now, you are ready to use your fingerprints for quick and easy login to your device without remembering long passwords. If you still have any confusions, lets know in comments.