When you delete a file on your Chromebook, it’s gone for good. Not necessarily. This blog post will discuss four methods you can use to recover deleted files on your Chromebook.
We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to execute each method. So don’t worry if you accidentally delete a file – we’ll show you how to get it back!
5 easy methods to Recover Deleted Files on a Chromebook
To recover deleted files on your Chromebook, you can use different ways like restoring from Trash, Google Drive, File history, external storage device, or the Chrome OS recovery tool. Here, we will discuss all these methods with step-by-step instructions.
1- Restore from Trash
If you have deleted a file within the past 30 days, you may be able to restore it from the Trash. To do this, follow these steps:
- Step One: Click on your Files app’s “Trash” icon.
- Step Two: Find the File you want to recover and click on it.
- Step Three: Click the “Restore” button.
The File will now be restored to its original location.
2- Google Drive
The second method is to check Google Drive. If syncing is turned on, your deleted files may be backed up to Drive. To check if this is the case, follow these steps:
- Go to Googe Drive.
- Click on the “Trash” icon in the left sidebar.
- Find the File that you want to recover and click on it.
- Click the “Restore” button.
The File will now be restored to your Drive account.
3- File History
The third method is to check File History. File History is a feature that automatically saves copies of your files as you work on them. So if you have accidentally deleted a file, you may be able to recover it from File History.
- To access File History, click on the Launcher in the bottom-left corner of your screen. Then, click on the “Settings” icon.
- In the Settings menu, click on “Advanced.”
- Under the “Advanced” section, click on “Manage space.”
- Click on “Free up space now in the Manage space menu.”
- Under the File History section, select the File you want to recover and click on the “Restore” button. The File will be restored to its original location.
4- Chrome OS Recovery Tool
The fourth and final method is to use the Chrome OS Recovery Tool. The Chrome OS Recovery Tool is a software program that can help you recover lost or deleted files.
- You must create a recovery drive to use the Chrome OS Recovery Tool.
- Once you have created the recovery drive, insert it into your Chromebook and turn on the Chromebook. Press and hold the Esc + Refresh keys, then press the power button, which will boot your Chromebook into recovery mode.
- Click on the “Get Started” button on the recovery screen. The Chrome OS Recovery Tool will scan your Chromebook for lost or deleted files. If any files are found, you will be given the option to recover them.
5- External Storage Device
The fifth and final method is to check for an external storage device. If you have synced your Chromebook with an SD Card or a USB drive, your deleted files may be on the external storage device.
- To check for an external storage device, go to the Files app and click on the “External Storage” icon in the left sidebar. If any external storage devices are connected to your Chromebook, they will be listed here.
- Browse through the files on the external storage device and see if you can find the File you’re looking for.
There you have it! Five methods that you can use to recover deleted files on your Chromebook
Where is recycle bin on Chromebook?
The recycle bin is not available on Chromebooks. However, you can still recover deleted files using one of the methods described above.
How do I restore my Chromebook to a previous date?
There are a few different ways that you can try to restore your Chromebook to a previous date. One way is to use the “Restore” feature in Chrome’s settings. Another way is to try using a third-party recovery tool like Recuva. Finally, you can try restoring your Chromebook from a backup.
Where do deleted files go?
When you delete a file on your Chromebook, it isn’t immediately erased from your device. Instead, the File is sent to the Trash, which will remain until you empty it. It gives you a chance to recover accidentally deleted files.
Are permanently deleted files gone forever?
Once you empty the Trash, the files inside it are permanently deleted and can no longer be recovered. However, if you’ve synced your Chromebook with a Google account, you may be able to restore your deleted files from a backup.
Can hackers get permanently deleted photos?
The quick answer is no. However, there are ways for hackers to get access to deleted photos. One way is to hack into the user’s iCloud account. Once they have access, they can view any photos backed up to the account- even if they’ve been deleted from the device.
Another way is to access the user’s computer directly and look for deleted files that haven’t been overwritten yet. That is more difficult to do, but it is possible.
Can police recover deleted photos from iCloud?
The police can contact Apple and request that they provide a copy of the user’s iCloud backup. It is typically only done in cases with evidence that a crime has been committed.
In this guide, we showed you five different methods that you can use to recover deleted files on your Chromebook. We also answered some common questions about file recovery. If you have any other questions, feel free to comment below!