If you want to change the appearance of your app icons on a Chromebook, there are several methods you can use. This blog post will discuss five different ways to do this.
We will also provide instructions on how to execute each method. So, we have you covered whether you want to use an image editor or an online tool! Let’s get started.
How to Change App Icons on Chromebook? : 5 Different Methods
1- Use an Image Editor
If you have an image editor installed on your Chromebook, you can use it to change the appearance of your app icons. We will be using the Paintbrush tool for this demonstration.
- First, open the image editor and load the icon you want to edit.
- Next, select the “Pencil” or “Paintbrush” tool and choose a color.
- Then, click on the “Fill” option and select “Flood fill.”
- Finally, click on the icon to apply the new color.
2- Use an Online Tool
If you don’t have an image editor installed on your Chromebook, you can use an online tool instead. For this demonstration, we will be using the website “Canva.”
- First, go to the Canva website and create a new project.
- Next, upload the icon you want to edit.
- Then, select the “Text” tool and type in the new text for your icon.
- Finally, download your edited icon.
3- Change App Icons Manually
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try changing your app icons manually. This method requires you to have some knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- First, open the “Developer Tools” by pressing Ctrl + Shift + I on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the “Sources” tab and select the “Filesystem” option.
- Then, navigate to the folder where your app icons are stored.
- Finally, right-click on the icon you want to change and select “Edit.”
- Make your changes and save the file.
- Refresh the page and check if the changes have been applied.
4- Use a Chrome Extension
If you don’t want to mess around with code, you can use a Chrome extension to change your app icons. We will use the “Icon Changer” extension for this demonstration.
- First, go to the Chrome Web Store and install the “Icon Changer” extension.
- Next, open the extension and select the icon you want to change.
- Then, click the “Change Icon” button and select a new icon from the library.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to apply your changes.
5- Use a Custom Launcher
You can use a custom launcher if you’re looking for even more control over your app icons. For this demonstration, we will be using the “Apex Launcher.”
- First, go to the Chrome Web Store and install the “Apex Launcher.”
- Next, open the launcher and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Then, select the “Icons” option.
- Finally, click on the icon you want to change and select a new icon from the library.
That’s it! You can use five different methods to change your app icons on a Chromebook.
How do I put icons on my Chromebook desktop?
If you’re using a Chromebook, you can put icons on your desktop by going to the settings menu and selecting the “Change wallpaper” option. Then, click the “Add new shortcut” button and select the icon you want to add. You can also add icons to your Chromebook’s desktop by downloading them from the Chrome Web Store.
To do this, go to the store and search for the icon you want to add. Once you’ve found it, click on the “Add to Chrome” button, and it will be added to your desktop.
If you want to move an icon around your Chromebook’s desktop, click on it and drag it to where you want it to go. You can also right-click an icon and select the “Remove from desktop” option if you want to delete it.
How to change shelf color on Chromebook?
If you want to change the color of your Chromebook’s shelf, you can go to the settings menu and select the “Change wallpaper” option. Then, click on the “Shelf” button and choose the color that you want to use.
You can also change the size of your shelf by clicking on the “Size” button and selecting the size you want. If you wish to remove your shelf entirely, you can go to the settings menu and select the “Remove shelf” option.
How to change app icons on Chromebook? – Conclusion:
This guide shows you five different methods to change your app icons on a Chromebook. We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!